Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Drop-2

You are there. I could sense your body in my breath. Your fragrance fills my nostrils. I feel the heat generated from your body. I stretch my hand to hold you. I wake by the sound of my servant. He came close to me thinking I called him. I nod my head, indicating him to leave. I have meetings to catch up and deals to sign. I am the hope, role model for any aspiring youth. Books were written. My life had been microanalysed: how smart my choices were? How each moved me an inch towards what I am now?

I have everything, still nothing. I am happy, still unhappy. May be my choices were wrong. I should have dropped everything and shall have come with you when you called me. We might be in a house arguing whether we should buy a saree for you or chappal for me with the bonus I got. We might fight everyday. Neighbors might murmur about us with heads low as we cross them. But I will have you. Is that I want? After all these years, I don’t know. I don’t know the answer to the question my dad asked me while I am in my hall and you are in the station waiting for me. It’s a life I never lived, I could never live. I have no answer how could it be. I don’t know which is worthy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aandu palavum kazhindha appanai
Poondu kondaarum pughudharivaarillai
neendana kaalangal neendu kodukkinum
thoondu vilakkin sudararivaarae.

Anonymous said...

Good to see the homework :)
Both the drops are good. Good thought and well written.