Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Interesting Articles

Among the things which I read recently, I liked two articles(as a matter of fact, nowadays I am not reading much). These two articles have nothing in common except they are associated with the things that I love. One, is noble prize acceptance speech by Orhan Pamuk. The interesting thing in it is his opinion on writers, what make people to write and how far they feel secluded. His thoughts about his dad were also interesting.

Other is an interview by Gautham . During my good old schooldays I was much interested in reading film news. Then at some point it became banal. The only difference across different news are only the names, the contents were same. I began to read only if the news is associated with people like kamal, prakash raj, balumahendra as their interviews were slightly different. But this interview is a nice one. There are some surprise elements also, and I am not much serious about it. It was obvious all was not well between kamal and goutham in VV. Kamal looked like a reluctant player in it. In metro plus before the movie release kamal stated “this is a masala movie which doesn’t disguise itself as a different one”. But in my opinion it worked out in favor of the movie. In the movie, what I saw was the Kamal I used to see in television interviews. The only thing that raised my eyebrows is Gautham statement first half is my choice second half is Kamal and producer choice. I too felt that the second half is to cater ‘c’ centers. Well Gautham too showed the difference by using different colour shades. Might be Kamal don’t want to do other than masala in other productions, after aalavandhan fiasco and its repercussions. After reading “derailed” story I too believe it is not commercially viable with the star salary of Kamal. Generally Gautham films are with too much of violence and now he himself says “Quentin Tarantino kind”. Let us hope “pachaikilli muthucharam” is not so excruciating.

No comments: